Charity Circus Success2011-07-26 09:39:00
It was fun filled night to celebrate the first year of Kearsley Academy and a chance to raise money for our chosen charity, Cancer Research UK.
Dance Co-ordinator, Mrs Sarah Johnson organised the circus themed evening with a variety of acts including Kearsley Academy students and staff, local primary schools and professional artists. The headline act were winners Chris and Wes, from Sky 1 ‘Got to Dance’, who performed as well as cutting the ribbon to a balloon launch, which had pupils wishes for their future.
The night was a sell out show with the audience being thrilled with the professional standard of student performances. This is a culmination of successful events that have taken place during this Academic Year and we are looking forward to many more next year!
The running total is £1500, with more funding still to come from a non-uniform day on Friday 22nd in support of the Circus Event. The event gained full page coverage in the Thursday 28th July edition of The Bolton News.
All news items
- Netball Results
- September Open Evening
- Year 7 School Bus Timetable
- Fantastic results from our Sixth Form
- Uniform Updates for September
- Free School lunches over summer
- Summer School Success
- Year 7 Graduate with Children's University
- Summer School Updates
- Sixth Form Students at Kearsley Children's Centre
- Kearsley Academy Building Officially Opened!
- NET Football Event
- Intrepid explorers return from Barcelona!
- Citizenship Action Day
- Children's University Update
- Year 7 go to Manchester University
- End of term arrangements
- Professional Athletes Inspire our Gifted and Talented Sport Students
- Year 7 Blog