Charity Circus Success2011-07-26 09:39:00
It was fun filled night to celebrate the first year of Kearsley Academy and a chance to raise money for our chosen charity, Cancer Research UK.
Dance Co-ordinator, Mrs Sarah Johnson organised the circus themed evening with a variety of acts including Kearsley Academy students and staff, local primary schools and professional artists. The headline act were winners Chris and Wes, from Sky 1 ‘Got to Dance’, who performed as well as cutting the ribbon to a balloon launch, which had pupils wishes for their future.
The night was a sell out show with the audience being thrilled with the professional standard of student performances. This is a culmination of successful events that have taken place during this Academic Year and we are looking forward to many more next year!
The running total is £1500, with more funding still to come from a non-uniform day on Friday 22nd in support of the Circus Event. The event gained full page coverage in the Thursday 28th July edition of The Bolton News.
All news items
- Children In Need Rocked!
- National School Meals Week NSMW
- Children's University at Ingleborough Caves
- Year 8 Teen Tech Experience
- Students are praised by Chancellor of The Children's University!
- Kearsley Academy Students Win Awards!
- Macmillan Charity Coffee Morning
- European Languages Day
- Primary Cross Country Success!
- Open Evening Success and NEW Tour Dates
- Summer School Success with the Children's University
- Fantastic Achievements and Grades at GCSE.
- GCSE and A Level Results
- Thank you from the Motor Neurone Disease Association!
- Voices Together Gala Concert
- Congratulations to Creative Media!
- School Closure - Industrial Action
- Congratulations to our Time Project!
- Primary Cricket Competition
- Open Events