Charity Circus Success2011-07-26 09:39:00
It was fun filled night to celebrate the first year of Kearsley Academy and a chance to raise money for our chosen charity, Cancer Research UK.
Dance Co-ordinator, Mrs Sarah Johnson organised the circus themed evening with a variety of acts including Kearsley Academy students and staff, local primary schools and professional artists. The headline act were winners Chris and Wes, from Sky 1 ‘Got to Dance’, who performed as well as cutting the ribbon to a balloon launch, which had pupils wishes for their future.
The night was a sell out show with the audience being thrilled with the professional standard of student performances. This is a culmination of successful events that have taken place during this Academic Year and we are looking forward to many more next year!
The running total is £1500, with more funding still to come from a non-uniform day on Friday 22nd in support of the Circus Event. The event gained full page coverage in the Thursday 28th July edition of The Bolton News.
All news items
- End of term arrangements
- Professional Athletes Inspire our Gifted and Talented Sport Students
- Year 7 Blog
- Sports Relief Mile Challenge!
- Industrial Action Update
- Student Council Blog
- Physics Olympics 2014
- Student Council Make the News!
- Safer Internet Day Success
- Horse Riding now offered as Enrichment at Kearsley!
- Kearsley Academy Students Celebrate
- Indoor Athletics Results
- Kearsley Academy’s Year 7 ‘Vocabulary Enrichment Intervention Program’ team wins Electronic Dictionaries!
- BBC School Report 2014
- KAGT 2013
- Food bank collection success leads to Downing Street Invitation!
- Primary Pupil Brainiacs!
- Children In Need Rocked!
- National School Meals Week NSMW