RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- Summer Term 2 Newsletter
- Students Tour China!
- Extra Revision Sessions
- Life in Modern Britain - Election Assemblies
- Information about OFSTED Inspection
- Life In Modern Britain - Freedom of Expression
- Life In Modern Britain - Skills for the Future Assembly.
- Cheerleaders Are Bolton School's Dance Champions!
- Interhouse Creative Writing Competition
- NEW Summer Term Homework Map Available
- Dreams of international success for our Cheerleaders!
- Student's Focus On Creative Thinking This Half Term
- Summer Term 1 Newsletter
- Student Council - Co-constructing Lessons
- Life in Modern Britain 'Democracy'
- Make Your Face Funny For Money!
- E-Safety Update
- Life in Modern Britain 'In the News'
- SMSC Assembly Focus - World Book Day
- Mock Exams and Revision Resources - March