RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- Fantastic response to call for Food Bank support
- End of term arrangements and newsletter
- Oliver Fielding writes about his visit to Parliament
- End of Autumn Term Arrangements
- December Mock Exams
- BBC Apprentice's Adam Corbally visits Kearsley Academy
- Helping you to help your child achieve!
- Kearsley Academy student gets trip of a lifetime!
- Exam invigilator opportunity for parents
- Brilliant resources to support maths
- Parent Survey now live
- Netball Results
- September Open Evening
- Year 7 School Bus Timetable
- Fantastic results from our Sixth Form
- Uniform Updates for September
- Free School lunches over summer
- Summer School Success
- Year 7 Graduate with Children's University
- Summer School Updates