RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- First Day in the New Kearsley Academy Building.
- Contacting Us During the Easter Break
- Training Day Reminder
- Silver at the Physics Olympics!
- Love is in the air for the BHF!
- Time Project bring the spirit of Christmas to the community
- Drama students workshop with David Thacker at Bolton Octagon
- Kearsley Academy's Got Talent Sell Out Show!
- Educational Garden Success!
- Year 7 Community Week News.
- Gold Success!
- Maths Watch
- We've been solving problems!
- TIME for Children in Need
- Congratulations to Year 7 Netball team
- Primary Gifted and Talented Rocket Day
- Children's University Project
- Fantastic 'Rocket Science' Primary Day.
- Charity Day Success
- Primary Shakespeare Festival.