RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- Student's Focus On Creative Thinking This Half Term
- Summer Term 1 Newsletter
- Student Council - Co-constructing Lessons
- Life in Modern Britain 'Democracy'
- Make Your Face Funny For Money!
- E-Safety Update
- Life in Modern Britain 'In the News'
- SMSC Assembly Focus - World Book Day
- Mock Exams and Revision Resources - March
- SMSC Assembly Focus - No Man is an Island
- Our MasterMinds make the news!
- Independent Enquirers - Spring 2 PLTS Focus
- Mandela House Win Interhouse Mastermind
- Esafety Week
- Appointment of Principal
- Exam Timetables
- GCSE results praised in The Bolton News
- SMSC Assembly Focus - Keeping the memory alive
- SMSC Assembly Focus - Who is Stephanie Roche?
- Fantastic response to call for Food Bank support