RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- Children In Need Rocked!
- National School Meals Week NSMW
- Children's University at Ingleborough Caves
- Year 8 Teen Tech Experience
- Students are praised by Chancellor of The Children's University!
- Kearsley Academy Students Win Awards!
- Macmillan Charity Coffee Morning
- European Languages Day
- Primary Cross Country Success!
- Open Evening Success and NEW Tour Dates
- Summer School Success with the Children's University
- Fantastic Achievements and Grades at GCSE.
- GCSE and A Level Results
- Thank you from the Motor Neurone Disease Association!
- Voices Together Gala Concert
- Congratulations to Creative Media!
- School Closure - Industrial Action
- Congratulations to our Time Project!
- Primary Cricket Competition
- Open Events