RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- Congratulations! Best Results Ever for our Sixth Form Students.
- Summer School Dates and Times
- New Year 7 Starters Summer School
- Help us win £5000 for Kaine's Library
- Claim a free lunch every day over summer
- New dates and end of term arrangements
- Maths Revision Resources
- Interhouse Masterchef 'Design A Menu Competition'
- New Reflective Learner Challenge Homework Map
- Students return from fantastic trek in China
- Women in Football (World Cup) - Life In Modern Britain Form Time
- Bolton News Celebrate Our Fantastic Ofsted Report!
- Year 11 study leave information
- NET annual football competition - Hartlepool Utd Football Ground
- Remembering Kaine
- Summer 2 Enrichment Timetable
- Student Homework Success Makes the News!
- Summer Term 2 Newsletter
- Students Tour China!
- Extra Revision Sessions