RNCM Visit2011-11-21 15:00:00
On the 24th November the Year 10 Music group visited the Royal Northern College of Music. The students worked with world class musicians and gained further information on how to progress within the world of music. The day consisted of a tour of the college, practical workshops and a lunch time performance.
Students were able to watch the musicians rehearse, as well as performing to the RNCM musicians!! The day was a fantastic success and similar visits are going to follow.
permalink to this article
Mr Hood Head of Performing Arts - " The visit has shown students real life music contexts, it puts the classroom learning in to practice and shows students that what they are learning is relevant and purposeful. We've had a brilliant time and the students have really gained from it".
All news items
- Student Council Make the News!
- Safer Internet Day Success
- Horse Riding now offered as Enrichment at Kearsley!
- Kearsley Academy Students Celebrate
- Indoor Athletics Results
- Kearsley Academy’s Year 7 ‘Vocabulary Enrichment Intervention Program’ team wins Electronic Dictionaries!
- BBC School Report 2014
- KAGT 2013
- Food bank collection success leads to Downing Street Invitation!
- Primary Pupil Brainiacs!
- Children In Need Rocked!
- National School Meals Week NSMW
- Children's University at Ingleborough Caves
- Year 8 Teen Tech Experience
- Students are praised by Chancellor of The Children's University!
- Kearsley Academy Students Win Awards!
- Macmillan Charity Coffee Morning
- European Languages Day
- Primary Cross Country Success!
- Open Evening Success and NEW Tour Dates