Students Awarded for Enrichment2012-01-23 18:53:00
The Kearsley Academy Enrichment Awards 2011were held to celebrate and congratulate our students on their participation in academy life.
The new after-school enrichment programme at Kearsley academy is proving extremely popular with our students. Students can access enrichment and extended learning in a variety of subject areas and skills every week night until 4.15pm, ranging from ‘rocket science’ and ‘vocal group’ to cheerleading and tumbling. We held our first Enrichment Awards in the Autumn Term to celebrate the fact that the majority of our students take part in the programme, with more than half of them taking part in 2 or more. During the awards students showcased their talents including the 2011 Kearsley Academy’s Got Talent Winner Beth Chapman, who sang ‘songbird’. The Awards were a fantastic event which demonstrated how much our students actively take part in life at Kearsley Academy. For more information please contact our Enrichment Co-ordinator - Mrs S. Johnson.
David Atherton - Year 8 "It has given me imagination and helped me to be more creative".
Our new ‘Get Ahead’ extended learning club also allows students to complete their homework at the Academy with the benefit of learning mentors and technological support. To find out more about the homework policy or download your homework map please log on to the VLE.permalink to this article
All news items
- End of term arrangements
- Professional Athletes Inspire our Gifted and Talented Sport Students
- Year 7 Blog
- Sports Relief Mile Challenge!
- Industrial Action Update
- Student Council Blog
- Physics Olympics 2014
- Student Council Make the News!
- Safer Internet Day Success
- Horse Riding now offered as Enrichment at Kearsley!
- Kearsley Academy Students Celebrate
- Indoor Athletics Results
- Kearsley Academy’s Year 7 ‘Vocabulary Enrichment Intervention Program’ team wins Electronic Dictionaries!
- BBC School Report 2014
- KAGT 2013
- Food bank collection success leads to Downing Street Invitation!
- Primary Pupil Brainiacs!
- Children In Need Rocked!
- National School Meals Week NSMW